Write with us in Paris
June 3 - 9, 2022
Join the WAITlist
Retreats for women, run by women who know and love Paris
- Daily workshops with themed field trips
- Daily write-ins, in the field, at home, or at a classic Paris café
- Meet with J’ai lu publishing’s head of e-Commerce and a bookseller to learn about the local market
- One-on-one coaching with our in-residence writers
- Work with our branding expert to connect to your writing and your audience
- Spend 6 days and nights in a gorgeous Art Nouveau house, in a relaxed, artsy neighborhood
- Organic continental breakfasts (6 days), and delicious lunches (3) and dinners (2)
- Shop at a farmer’s market for group lunch supplies, and enjoy a selection of premium teas, coffee, and snacks in our private kitchen
- Discover charming local shops and restaurants
- Get to know each other over a game of pétanque, followed by a relaxed cocktail
- Finish your writing day near Paris’s attractions, with time for sightseeing
- Take tea at the salon that’s made their blends from the Versailles kitchen garden since 1672
- Indulge in a sumptuous cocktail at a luxury hotel bar
- Say goodbye with a Seine dinner cruise
Your June 2022 Creative Team
We’re writers, coaches, and industry experts who want to share Paris with other women writing commercial fiction: romance, erotica, women’s fiction, memoirs (that includes blogs), mystery, and more.
Along with sessions by agents and publishing insiders, our team is here to take you beyond stereotypes, both of Paris and with your writing. We want to help you create must-reads that resonate with your audience and remind you of why you love writing.
And we want to treat you to a great time. Daily adventures will immerse you in the magic of the City of Light, with evenings free to write, relax, and explore. There
might even definitely will be wine. This is Paris, after all!
Your home in Paris
The moment you step into the Maison Pierre Chanzy, a 1920 Art Nouveau hôtel particulier with a storied past, you know you’re in for a special treat.
Blending Belle Epoque charm with modern comfort and convenience, the Maison is in the heart of Paris’s 11th arrondissement, close to city sights but hidden enough to provide the perfect retreat experience.
Latest blog posts
In Paris’s west, the toney 16th arrondissement is considered by many to be a neighborhood where nothing terribly exciting happens. But since that means many of Hector Guimard’s Art Nouveau masterpieces have escaped the wrecking ball, that’s just fine.