France Covid protocol information for retreat attendees
As has been the case for the last 2 years, the Covid situation is ever-evolving. In order to travel to France and enjoy our June 2022 retreat, here’s the latest on what you will need to do:
PROVIDE A RECENT NEGATIVE COVID TEST
- When traveling to France, you must provide a negative antigen or PCR test valid within 48 hours of arrival time/date. Check with your airline for the latest protocols.
UPDATE: 11 February 2022: France scraps Covid test requirement for all vaccinated travellers
SHOW PROOF YOU ARE FULLY VACCINATED
- In order to be considered fully vaccinated, you must have received 3 shots, with your booster shot within 9 months of your second shot. Only vaccines authorized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be accepted, i.e., Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen). For more details, click here.
COMPLY WITH ENTRY REGULATIONS AND HAVE YOUR ENTRY FORMS COMPLETED
- Your airline will guide you through this but here are details on compliance and which forms you will need to provide. Important: you will need physical copies of some documents, so make sure you have access to a printer before you travel.
HAVE A VALID VACCINE PASS (PASSE SANITAIRE)
- You will need a Vaccine Pass (Passe Sanitaire) to enter:
- Professional seminars, exhibitions, and private businesses, including Paris Writing Retreats
- Bars and restaurants
- Places of entertainment like cinemas, museums, theaters, sports venues, and entertainment venues
- Inter-regional transports for long-distance journeys by plane, train or bus;
- To convert your non-EU vaccine card to the French Health Pass system:
- Download the app: Tous Anti Covid from your app store
- Bring your passport and vaccine card (paper copy) to a participating pharmacy and they will give you a bar code(s) to enter into the app
- The pass costs €36
- The closest participating pharmacy is Pharmacie Louguet at 43 rue Faidherbe, 75011only 5 minutes walk from the Maison Chanzy.
- More details here
ABIDE BY MASK PROTOCOLS
- Masks must be worn when inside all enclosed public spaces including transportation, and accommodations. You currently do not need to wear a mask outdoors, though people often do, especially in crowded markets.
French government’s latest detailed FAQ
Regulations and forms needed for entry
Converting your vaccine card to a French health pass, including a map of participating pharmacies
A couple of notes:
- Check, check, and triple-check with your local authorities on what you need to do pre-flight and the paperwork you’ll need to bring with you (physical copies and digital).
- We will update this page as more information is available but we are not responsible for any changes made by health authorities, at your locale and in France.
- Any costs associated with required testing and health passes are not covered in the retreat registration fee.
Paris Writing Salon
Want to know what goes into making a memoir? We’re talking all about it with Lisa Anselmo, Laura Bradbury, and Samantha Vérant—authors whose memoirs have inspired readers around the world—and left a lasting impact. Plus, receive a special gift!
ZOOM AUTHOR PANEL
February 19, 2022, 3 – 4PM ET
Free for Salon members: Register here.
Non-members welcome—sign up below.