Making a Memoir
ZOOM AUTHOR PANEL
February 19, 2022, 3 – 4PM ET
Free for Salon members: Register here.
Non-members welcome—sign up below.
Want to know what goes into making a memoir? We’re talking all about it with Lisa Anselmo, Laura Bradbury, and Samantha Vérant—authors whose memoirs have inspired readers around the world—and left a lasting impact.
We’ll take you behind the scenes to discover the process and pitfalls:
Getting it right: going from “Dear Diary” to an unputdownable story
- The personal process—getting started, sorting the emotions, finding your inner voice
- Creating a compelling story arc readers can relate to
- What to avoid, what to exploit
- Writing about the people in your life—the risks and rewards
Getting it published: indie vs. traditional
- The 101
- Pros and cons of each
- What’s different?; what’s the same?
Getting it out there: connecting with your audience
- Finding passionate readers
- Marketing tactics that sell
- Drawing a crowd at your appearances
- Beyond the book—selling the experience
If you want to write a memoir—or just love reading them—you won’t want to miss this!
Salon members: Watch the replay
Non-members welcome—sign up below to watch the session or become a member today.